January 23, 2011 – Eastside Christian Church – Michal Ferber
- Excuses – Mines not good enough, I wasn’t a bad person.
- We have all sinned – So everyone’s testimony would be the same if it was about you.
- It’s not about what you’ve done. – It’s about what he has and is doing in you.
- Reference “The Purpose Driven Life” – The first sentence of the book reads, “It’s not about you,
- Your Salvation changes your life; it’s the most precious present
you will receive.
- Why don’t we start the story here?
- Your sins were why Jesus came to earth. So he could nail them to the cross.
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
- Your testimony is an unfinished book.
- For some it was just started.
- For some it started long ago but nothing much has been written down.
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
Definition of preeminence: the quality or state of being preeminent: superiority
- Your testimony begins with your Salvation.
- That’s when you allowed/invited Jesus to be your Lord, your Savior and the ruler of your Life.
- That’s when you let God take over and allowed Him to use you for His good works.
- We say a sinner’s prayer and then that’s it;
- stop communicating; stop the dialog.
Definition of dialog: A conversation between two or more people.
1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- 2:1 – He made alive – He is a Living God
- 2:8 – Not of yourselves – It’s not about you.
- 2:10 – Created in Christ Jesus for good works. – He has a plan for your life
- What are some more gifts he has given us?
3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world. 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
- We now have a Heavenly Daddy to communicate with/have a dialog
- His Holy Spirit
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
- His Armor – Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- Spiritual gifts for some – 1 Corinthians 12
- He has equipped you for a mighty testimony.
- Thoughts to ponder
- What are you doing to allow God to work in your life?
- Is he living in you and at work in your life?
- Think about what your testimony could be next week, month, year?